MARGATE – The local community theater group Margate Players 2 will be presenting the award-winning Broadway musical “The Addams Family” Thursday, June 28 through Sunday, July 1 at the Dominick A. Potena Performing Arts Center, Monmouth and Frontenac avenues. Show time is 7 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and 2 p.m. on Sunday.
They’re kooky and they’re spooky, but they still have great family values. The Addams Family is based on characters created by cartoonist Charles Addams, and the book by Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice, with music and lyrics by Andres Lippa.
The Addams family is set in a whirlwind when 18-year-old daughter Wednesday confides in her dad, Gomez, that she is ready to marry her “normal” beau, Lucas Beineke, and has invited his family to dinner. Her brother Pugsley laments the possible loss of his playmate and casts a spell that wreaks havoc on the Beinekes and Addamses. During dinner, they play the game Full Disclosure and secrets are revealed.
The show features all your favorite characters, including Morticia, Pugsley, Grandma, Uncle Fester, servant Lurch, Thing and cousin Itt.
Cast members of the local theater group include students and alumni of area high schools, including Ocean City, Mainland Regional, CharterTech and Atlantic City high schools, and two children of cast members.
The double-cast musical is directed by Mainland Regional High School performing arts teacher Becky Sannino, with musical direction by Eugene A. Tighe School music teacher Debbi Roland.
Cast members are:
- Gomez – Ethan Fischer and Alex Brown
- Morticia – Malanie Brough and Eve Tjoumakaris
- Wednesday – Emerson Fischer and Helene Tjoumakaris
- Pugsley – Julia Wilson and Jenna Wilkinson
- Uncle Fester – Erik Wagner and Gary Poetsch
- Grandma – Katherine Friedman and Judy Privetera-Parrish
- Lurch – Chris Chiong and Jefferson Heller
- Lucas – Billy Flynn and Stefano Ferri
- Mal – Conrad Schmidt and Andrew Lavery
- Alice – Sydney Freihofer and Andrea Zakheim
- Cousin Itt – Samantha Friedman and Jayce Parrish
- Thing – Andrew Lavery
- Ancestors – Genesis Betanco, CiCi Bushay, Alyssa Cappuccio, Dana Hickman, Ellen O‘Brien and Christine Piper.
Tickets are $12 for adults and $10 for students and senior citizens and are available for purchase at the door. For more, see margateplayers.com.