Trick or Treat comes once a year. Make it a safe and spooktacular experience for your children. Trick or treat hours are 5-7 p.m. in Ventnor and 6-8 p.m. in Margate and Longport.
- Accompany your children: Join in the fun and go with your kids when they head outdoors. If you can’t be there, make sure your children trick-or-treat in groups and insist on adult supervision.
- Know whose door you’re knocking on: Only visit familiar neighborhoods and approach well-lit houses.
- Accept treats from the doorway: Neither you nor your child should ever enter a stranger’s home or accept treats from a car.
- Remind everyone of the rules of the road: Look both ways before crossing the street, obey all traffic laws and use crosswalks.
- When in doubt, throw it out: Thoroughly examine all of the treats collected and confiscate anything that could cause your child to choke or is homemade, unwrapped or possibly tampered with.
From Healthy Women.org
Here’s a fun children’s activity courtesy of the CDC to enjoy before the big night. Click the link to reveal a scramble.