ATLANTIC CITY – The Royal Air Force Red Arrows, one of the world’s premier aerobatic display teams, will be featured during the 2019 Atlantic City Air Show presented by GEICO, starting 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 21. Preview day is Tuesday, Aug. 20.
The Red Arrows, based out of RAF Scrmpton, Lincolnshire, Great Britain fly distinctive Hawk fast-jets and demonstrate the skill and capabilities of British pilots, engineers and support staff. The have performed in more than 4,900 displays in 57 countries.
Other featured performers include the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds, U.S. Army Golden Knights, GEICO Skytypers and Miss GEICO Offshore Race Team.
Organized by the Greater Atlantic City Chamber, this year’s celebration includes the inaugural “Red, White, and Blue BBQ,” 6:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 19 at Linwood Country Club.
Ticket holders will dine with pilots, crew, and members of the military an intimate environment with free parking. Highlighting the event will be a night jump at dusk by the U.S. Army Golden Knights as they land on the 10th hole.
Also featured during the show, and on preview day, is the “Veterans Resource Row” on the Boardwalk at Missouri Avenue, where more than a dozen community organizations will be stationed 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. to connect area veterans and their families with resources and assistance with VA benefits, employment services, education assistance, and more.
The organizations in attendance include the Philadelphia and Wilmington VA Medical Centers, VA Benefits Administration Outreach and Services, VET Center, American Legion, NJ Vet2Vet, Camden Diocese Catholic Charities, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Disable American Veterans, Education and Health Centers of America, GI Go Fund, NJ Dept. of Military and Veterans Affairs and the NJ Veterans Chamber of Commerce.
Transportation and Parking
- Get there on NJ Transit’s bus route and Atlantic City rail line. See the MyTix feature on the NJ TRANSIT Mobile app.
- If you drive, parking will be available at all Atlantic City casinos, Atlantic City Convention Center, Boardwalk Hall, the Wave Parking Garage at Tanger Outlets The Walk, New York Avenue Parking Garage, and at private parking garages around town.
Where to view the airshow:
- Atlantic City’s free beaches and Boardwalk are the best places to see the action
- Most of the oceanfront hotels are offering private viewing parties
- View from your boat, but there is a “no boat zone” that restricts boaters except for the U.S. Coast Guard, police and other marine units
- Limited handicap viewing is available at Montpelier Avenue and the Boardwalk
For those attending the airshow, be prepared:
- Wear sunscreen
- Wear light clothing
- Bring snacks and water to stay hydrated
- Bring sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun
- Cameras and binoculars are encouraged
- Beach accessories, chairs, umbrellas, hats and bathing suits are welcomed on the beach
- Bring a portable radio and tune it to WPG Talk Radio 95.5 FM and 1450 AM to hear show commentary
Please note: Drones, parasailing, kite flying and other airborne devices are prohibited within a 10-mile radius of the Air Show, Monday, Aug. 19 through Wednesday, Aug. 21.
Lineup (subject to change)
- 11:20 a.m. National Anthem Flag Jumps by the US Army Golden Knights
- 11:38 a.m. US Army Golden Knights Mass Exit Show
- 11:44 a.m. NJ-ANG 177th FW F-16 Flyby (4-ship)
- 11:45 a.m. NJ-ANG 108th WG KC-135 Flyby
- 11:47 a.m. PA-ANG 193rd SOW EC-130J Flyby
- 11:49 a.m. USAF 305TH A.M.W KC-10 Flyby
- 11:51 a.m. NJ ANG Compositie Wing Flyby (KC-135 and F-16)
- 11:53 a.m. WPVI Chopper 6
- 11:55 a.m. Lee Leets Shorts Tucano Aerobatic Demonstration
- 12:09 p.m. Jerry Conley DH-112 Va.m.pire Aerobatic Demonstration
- 12:30 p.m. Royal Air Force Red Arrows
- 1 p.m. Jim Beasley Jr. SNJ Aerobatic Demonstration
- 1:10 p.m. Medical Helicopter Flyby
- 1:12 p.m. New Jersey State Police Flyby
- 1:14 p.m. USAF 436th AW C-17 Flyby
- 1:16 p.m. NJ ArNG UH-60 SPIES Demonstration
- 1:22 p.m. DE-ANG 166th AW C-130 Flyby
- 1:24 p.m. GEICO Skytypers
- 1:42 p.m. Miss GEICO Speedboat Race with the Skytypers
- 1:47 p.m. USCG Search and Rescue Demonstration
- 1:59 p.m. Lucas Oil Mike Wiskus Pitts Aerobatic Demonstration
- 2:18 p.m. Jim Beasley Jr. Jr. P-51 Mustang Demonstration
- 2:28 p.m. US Army Golden Knights Mass Exit Show
- 2:48 p.m. USMC HMHT-302 CH-53E Super Stallion Demonstration
- 3 p.m. ACEMAKER Greg Coyle T-33 Aerobatic Demonstration
- 3:14 p.m. USAF NJ Thunderbirds Enlistment Ceremony
- 3:20 p.m. USAF NJ Thunderbirds
- 4 p.m. Airshow Ends
For more information, see http://airshow.acchamber.com/