The Atlantic Cape May Sustainable Jersey Hub and AmeriCorps Watershed Ambassadors will observe World Water Day Monday, March 22 with “Our Water Conference: Education, Conservation & Inspiration,” a two-part virtual event focused on water. The event will be held online via Zoom.
World Water Day is observed internationally on March 22 to bring attention to the importance of water as a resource. These online events will provide information to get people thinking about how to protect and conserve water.
Monday, March 22, 6-7 p.m.
Day 1: How to Be a Good Water Citizen – Do you know where our water comes from? Learn more about our water and simple steps you can take at home to save water and money. As a bonus, these actions also benefit the environment.
Here’s what you will learn:
- Where Your Water Comes From – Mark Demitroff, Pinelands Geographer
- Use Less Water & Save More – Loretta Pregartner, AmeriCorps Watershed Ambassador
- Rain Barrels – Bill Stuempfig, Surfrider
- Native Landscaping – Southeastern Chapter, NJ Native Plant Society, Steve Fiedler
Tuesday, March 23, 12-1 p.m.
Day 2: Diving Deeper into Water Conservation – You know how to save water and you’re ready to learn more. This panel will share some great information about water treatment, tackling pollution, stormwater, water quality and more.
Learn from the experts:
- How Your Wastewater Is Treated – Joseph Pantalone, ACUA and Joshua Palombo, CMCMUA
- Your Storm Drains & You – Dylan O’Brien, AmeriCorps Watershed Ambassador
- Water Quality in Local Waterways – Fred Akers, Great Egg Harbor Watershed Association
The Atlantic Cape May Sustainable Jersey Hub was formed to support local Green Teams, but Hub events are always open to the public.
Day 1 at http://bit.ly/OurWaterACMHub
Day 2 at http://bit.ly/OurWaterACMHub
or see: Atlantic Cape May Regional Hub | Sustainable Jersey Green Teams (wordpress.com)