GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP – Stockton University recently announced the creation of the Alumni Council on Engagement, which will work to strengthen relationships with current and future alumni as lasting partners of Stockton, its mission and traditions. Alumni from all years are invited to join.
“We see the council as a key driver to enhancing alumni engagement at Stockton, which is one of the university’s top priorities,” Director of Alumni Relations Sara Faurot said in a release. “And in turn, our hope is that this level of engagement will inspire a tradition of lifelong loyalty.”
The council will work in partnership with University Advancement to build a strong community of alumni through rewarding volunteer opportunities, strategic communications, philanthropic efforts, new initiatives and a variety of annual events. Members will also make recommendations and support university staff to deliver a meaningful, lasting alumni experience.
“I am thrilled to be one of the first members of the council,” said Christopher S. Meyrick `03, superintendent of the Woodstown-Pilesgrove Regional School District. “I think we already have a strong group of alumni who are eager to share ideas and get started on creating initiatives that will bring fellow alumni back to Stockton.”
Council members will serve as ambassadors for the university, reaching across their network of more than 60,000 alumni worldwide and encourage them to become informed about, involved with and invested in Stockton and its future. They will also regularly seek feedback from fellow alumni on how to improve philanthropy and enhance engagement efforts.
“We consistently seek to bolster the benefits, programs and services Stockton offers to alumni,” said Dan Nugent, vice president for University Advancement and executive director of the University Foundation. “Who better to serve as key partners in this mission than alumni themselves who have lived the Stockton experience and can help expand our reach.”
Current Alumni Council on Engagement members are:
- Eric Anglero `13, Assistant Director of the Gender and Sexuality Resource Center, Princeton University
- Steven Couras `07, Associate Dean of Residence Life and Off-campus Housing and Ombuds Associate, Curtis Institute of Music
- Scott Francis `98, Senior Director of Alumni Engagement and Gift Success, Auburn University
- Angela Ithier Unoarumhi `05, Senior Public Affairs Specialist, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Christopher Meyrick `03, Superintendent, Woodstown-Pilesgrove Regional School District
- Julio Morgan `04, Owner/Operator, McDonald’s
- Olivia Norton `19, Happiness Ally, Presence, a Modern Campus Company
- Laura Rear McLaughlin `00
- Andrew Shapiro `83, Investment Advisor Representative, Prudential Financial
- Sara Tadros, DC `03, Chiropractor, Specialty MedConsultants LLC
- Tracy Thompson `94, Entrepreneur
Apply to become a member and learn more about the Alumni Council on Engagement at stockton.edu/ace.