Atlantic City Ballet will offer holiday cheer this season with two favorite ballets and a children’s holiday fundraiser.
The ballet kicks off the holiday season Nov. 25 with It’s A Shore Holiday. This ballet blends classical and contemporary dance set to beloved holiday tunes including singers, dancing snowmen, chipmunks, and toy soldiers performing on pointe. Choreographed by Artistic Director Phyllis Papa, this year’s performance features singers Kelly LaVinga, and James Maher.
The following weekend the AC Ballet will host a children’s fundraising event that is sure to make any child smile. The Children’s Nutcracker Event will have food, drinks, auction, face painting, Santa and a meet and greet with the Sugarplum Fairy. Children 14 and under are free, adult tickets are $25, and all proceeds support the ballet.
Following the holiday fundraiser, the AC Ballet will be on tour with The Nutcracker. Now in its 41st year, The Nutcracker has become a tradition shared by generations of families. It is a
treasured classic that tells the story of a little girl named Clara who is given a magical nutcracker doll on Christmas Eve. Embarking on a wondrous journey through the Kingdom of Snow and the Land of Sweets, Clara encounters many unforgettable and timeless characters.
Founded in 1982, the Atlantic City Ballet is comprised of professional dancers from around the world who have earned national acclaim for their technical expertise and exuberant stage presence. The ballet has performed in theaters all along the East Coast and across the country.
It’s A Shore Holiday
- Saturday Nov. 25, 7 p.m. at Caesars Circus Maximus, Atlantic City
- Sunday Nov. 26, 3 p.m. at STAC, Manahawkin
Children’s Nutcracker Event
- Saturday Dec. 2, 5 p.m. at Greate Bay Country Club, Somers Point
- Friday, Dec. 8, 10:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. at Stockton PAC, Galloway Township
- Saturday, Dec. 9, 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. at Stockton PAC, Galloway Townshiop
- Sunday Dec. 10, 7 p.m. at The Strand, Lakewood
- Saturday Dec. 16, 5 p.m. at Caesars Circus Maximus, Atlantic City
- Saturday Dec. 23, 5 p.m. at Scottish Rite Auditorium, Collingswood
For tickets, see www.acballet.org.