ATLANTIC CITY – Nicholas F. Talvacchia and Rebecca C. Lafferty of the Cooper Levenson law firm will present a free Zoom webinar 9-10 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 24, titled “The New Jersey Economic Recovery Act: What Business and Property Owners, Entrepreneurs, Redevelopers, and Brokers Need to Know.”
The New Jersey Economic Recovery Act was signed into law by Gov. Phil Murphy on Jan. 7. The legislation will provide support for businesses, foster innovation and address longstanding inequities in the state. The act is complex and is expected to provide significant resources and potential opportunities.
Talvacchia and Lafferty will discuss the Aspire and Emerge programs. Aspire is a gap financing program to support development in higher need communities. Emerge is a job creation tax credit. The attorneys will cover eligibility and requirements including:
- What areas are included
- How the project financing gap requirement will be determined
- Environmental and sustainability standards
- Affirmative action and prevailing wage requirements
- Time frame for project completion
- Additional eligibility requirements for residential, commercial, and mixed-use projects
- The application and consideration process
The webinar is presented by Cooper Levenson in partnership with the Cape May County Chamber of Commerce and the Greater Atlantic City Chamber.
Attendance is free but preregistration is required. Email Brigitta Faragasso at email@example.com.